A pdf version of my extended CV as of May 1, 2020.
- Gordon and Betty Moore postdoctoral fellow, Physics Department, University of California, Berkeley
Condensed Matter Physics, Ultracold Atoms, Quantum Optics
- Quantum and classical dynamics and thermalisation in out-of-equilibrium systems
- Phase transitions and critical phenomena
- Interplay between Condensed Matter Systems and Ultracold Atomic Gases
- Reinforcement Learning
- Neural Networks, Deep Learning
- Interplay between Machine Learning and Condensed Matter/Statistical Physics
Ph.D., Physics (2016/17), Boston University, USA
- dissertation: Floquet Engineering in Periodically Driven Closed Quantum Systems: from Dynamical Localisation to Ultracold Topological Matter
- advisor: Anatoli Polkovnikov
M.Sc., Theoretical and Mathematical Physics (2013), Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität and Technische Universität München, Germany
- thesis: Bose-Fermi Mixtures: a Mean-Field Study [publication: Phys. Rev. B 89, 094502 (2014)]
- first advisor: Lode Pollet
- second advisor: Immanuel Bloch
B.Sc., Mathematics (2011), Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
- thesis: Rigorous Approach to Bose-Einstein Condensation
- advisor: László Erdős
B.Sc., Physics (2011), Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany
- thesis: Periodically Driven Luttinger Liquids [publication: Phys. Rev. B 86, 054304 (2012)]
- advisor: Stefan Kehrein
Abitur (2008) [allgemeine Hochschulreife], Bildungsinländer, Deutsche Abteilung, Galabov Gymnasium Sofia, Bulgaria
Matura (2008) [general university entrance examinations], First German High School Sofia, Bulgaria
- “Alvaro Roccaro Memorial Prize” in recognition of “outstanding achievement overall in physics by a graduate student”, Department of Physics, Boston University (2017).
- “Gertrude and Maurice Goldhaber Prize” in recognition of “outstanding achievement by a first-year graduate student”, Department of Physics, Boston University (2015).
- “DAAD Prize” for “the outstanding achievement of a foreign student at German universities”, Ludwig-Maximilians-Univerität, Munich (2012).
- Certificate of “outstanding performance in nationwide competitions”, First German High School, Sofia (2008).
“Gordon and Betty Moore Independent Postdoctoral Research Fellow”, Physics Department, UC Berkeley (2017-2020).
“Stipendium aus Mitteln des Bayerischen Staates”: Bavarian State Ministry of Sciences, Research and the Arts, Germany (2010-2013).
“1000 Stipendii” fellow, Communitas Foundation, Bulgaria (2007-2008).
Copyright © 2017 Marin Bukov